Thursday, February 26, 2009

1:20 pm

I have arrived. I forgot to brush my teeth. Gross. But I thought I'd share a little tidbit the prosecution laid on us yesterday when he questioned the jury. His hypothetical: If a brother and sister got in a fight and the sister took a fork and stuck it in her brother's thigh and then he called the police, got his sister arrested, and then later dropped the charges, should she still be prosecuted for battery? This story was so whacked out the judge had to stop the prosecuter and rephrase for him. I guess what he was getting at is that it is within the law to prosecute even if there is no claimant. The correct answer is, if you want to stay on the panel "Whatever the law says, sir. I would consider all the evidence to the best of my ability and judge with a fair mind." But all of my fellow jurors started asking questions like "How deep did the fork go?" and "How did the brother get to the police station?" As usual, about 7 idiots rot the barrel.

We're going in momentarily. And the first thing they'll do? Send people home. All the way here just to turn around.

And I guess my co-worker has been calling out all week, during Beauty Week, so the evil is getting way too many sales for my taste. But I want to stay!!! I love jury duty!

No comments: