Thursday, November 13, 2008

Would You Like Some Cheese With That Whine?

I have been at work for two hours (now several more:no change) and have sold nothing.

I called AT&T AGAIN about the fact that there is still something on my credit report from 2004 even though I have been working to find out what the hell it is since June. And "We don't know, we can't find any delinquent bill," is not a good enough response unless you plan to call Experian and tell them to take it off and call the collection agency and tell them to stop calling me 47857 times a day. Someone needs to take responsibility and it won't be me. I need a good (read: free) lawyer.

Also, on the phone tip: Why in the world can I not speak on my cellular telephone without the person I'm talking to asking if there is construction in the background? I need a new phone. That is my next phone call. If they can hear me.

Parabens. They are in soooooo many products and if I had my way I would tell any clients who asked about them to bite me. BUT when doctors excise tumors in breast cancer patients they find a whole mess of them. I guess our body really can't process these chemicals. They basically keep the product from rotting and add a sexy slickness to the texture. So as a favor to you, my dear readers, here are some products in my bay that are paraben-free:

Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Crème
Laura Mercier Flawless cleansing line
Laura Mercier Mineral Face Powder/shadow/blushes
Shiseido Benefiance NutriPerfect Day Cream
Shiseido Bio-Performance Intensive Skin Corrective Program
Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream
Bobbi Brown Eye Make-Up Removers (both)
Bobbi Brown Overnight Cream
Bobbi Brown Moisturizing Balm
Bobbi Brown Eye Balm
Cle de Peau: all moisturizers except La Crème
La Mer: Crème, Gel, Lotion, Lifting Face Serum, Concentrate, Eye Concentrate

I am sure that there are more (I only looked at skincare, really), even in my little area here, but these are the ones I found. Honestly, this is twice what I thought I would find. And most of them contain fragrance. Which I despise, but it won't kill you at least.

One of my dearest gays is visiting this week and I need to take him somewhere fab for dinner. Village Idiot? Delancy? Cafe des Artistes? I must decide. Hopefully somewhere near a bar where SH, my favorite drug dealer, and MkBB, my favorite edgy librarian can meet up with us.

For those of you on Library Card Watch: no, I still haven't gotten one.

I think I'm going to buy a book at Rite-Aid momentarily. It will be trashy. And a waste of trees. And I will love it. And when I do finally get that library card, I will donate it to the cause. I promise.

Question: If co-worker/outside work friend, EG is practically a doctor because she read the You: The Owners Manual, why was she so offended when I said I was practically Mexican because I had two meals in a row from Mexican restaurants?

Also: My awesome therapist had a book on her counter entitled "Housekeeping Spanish: How to communicate with your Spanish-speaking Housekeeper." I swear to God. She did. I wanted to borrow but I was too shy to ask. Especially after I had told her all about my Liza Minelli dream.

Thanks for the warm welcome to the blogosphere.

5 comments:

Crazypants said...

Speaking of books, "The Book of Air and Shadows" is positively super. And my skin is super de-lined and unsagged from the Prevage.
You are the best recommender ever. Oh, and I don't suppose that I am the SH to whom you refer, but if so, I want the authorities to know that the only drug I deal is love.
Awww....

Jan Smelk said...

Oh darling, as much as you are SH you are CP to me. But you are welcome to join for cocktails after your show as well!

Anonymous said...

Your Liza Minelli dream?????? Your readers need more, darling. Oliver sends his regards.
from MT,
S.

Anonymous said...

what up, blogarella?
It's ok, I told someone I was practically indian once, because I love eating Indian food more than my own life.

OKBAI

toothpickmoe said...

You have a drug dealer? You have a favorite drug dealer? Boy, you think you know a person...