Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Let's Try this Again

Ok. Putting up my first post was quite a bit more challenging than I thought it would be. Turns out I can't successfully email myself from my work email address. So the whole thought of me typing away while standing at the computer/ register and using my time to some usefulness was caput for a few days. But now, I think I have figured out a way to be at work and blog at the same time. Everyone can heave a sigh of relief. All two of you who read this.

So my original post should have been dated Thursday. And SOOOO much has happened since. I finished the new Michael Connelly, bringing back our favorite Lincoln Lawyer. It was great with a fabulous twist at the end. So that was Saturday. I also saw The Happening (worst movie, possibly ever), Speed Racer (so very delightful!), and Made of Honor (THE HORROR THE HORROR, but I do have a thing for Michelle Monahan). So that's what calling in sick for two days gets me, entertainment-wise.

New and exciting make-up thingy to talk about! I am a huge fan of Frederic Fekkai's hair care. The two things I am obsessed with are the Ironless Straightening Balm (it really cuts down on hair-dryer time) and Set and Spray (which make my vintage curls last all day). My friend, the rep for Fekkai, needs to hand these items over PRONTO. I also just got the new Ageless Hair Mask. Will try this weekend.

Sales are still slow. Half of my sales were knocked out with returns on Sunday.

Acting theory for the week: My lesson this week was all about expectations. When I read a scene that I will perform I get this image in my head, like a movie almost of what I want the scene to look like. That image can sometimes be detrimental to finding the scene organically. In my Shining City scene I really wanted to have an emotional response at certain moments, and those expectations made me force the scene. My emotional responses are inconsistent at best, but I can assure you they won't happen at all if I demand they happen at a certain time or look a certain way. So yes, do the homework, but don't let my expectations shape the scene, listen and let the scene create the response. In the end, letting go of the image I see is the only way to get to it.

I really like expensive wine. And I really don't want to know anything about it. I like my server to choose for me. It's the service I'm after when it comes to booze. Lou's on Vine is a spectacular little wine bar that I had completely forgotten about until HB, scene-partner extraordinaire, took me again last night. Great service and two faboo whites whose names I don't know.

Wish me luck. I am trying to read Neal Stephenson's Quicksilver again. That'll last. Maybe tomorrow I'll finally get a library card and check out some books.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just finished Michael Connelly and totally agree...the ending is amazing...and I'm still left with questions which clearly Michael doesn't want to answer right this minute. Love the new thread tho.

Got some new Laura Mercier moisturizer, lip, face etc., stuff that would knock your socks off, not to mention Jo Malone fragrance etc. Great stuff and much appreciated. By the way, Bobbi Brown still rocks.

Now....on to important stuff...will I get an appointment to the Obama cabinet? I am far more qualifed than that Ms. Palin from the far north. I think being in charge of the fiber arts while living in Montana may be a stretch. Your thoughts???

Have you seen the new will i. am. video? The best.

Hugs to Emma, the most amazing kitty, having survived Chicago, Colorado, LA.....not to mention Otis.

from MT,
Suz

Jan Smelk said...

You are the most adorable first commenter ever.

toothpickmoe said...

I sure those two faboo whites were wines and not your servers.

Big Tall Okie said...

Your hubbie totally stole my thunder with his comment...goes to show we're still connected from many miles away...

-j-j- said...

Of all people in the WORLD, you should be the first to get a library card.

Love your blog, lady. I read the "Pencil" stuff aloud to Amy and we laughed our heads off.

My word verification for this comment is "bling". For real? An ACTUAL word? And so apropos?

This blog smells of destiny. or it could be Bobbi Brown's "Beach".

Jean said...

Just love this, and finding out that you have a cleaning lady....terrific!!Aren't they the best? I can never stay home when ours comes though, or I wind up feeling that "I must help"....ruins the effect that the elves did it all. This should have been on your other post, but love the blog anyway....keep writing!
J

Jan Smelk said...

Just fyi: the servers were white, too. To be clear.