Friday, November 21, 2008

DANG! Them Is Some Crazy Bitches, Fightin' Over Purses.

So another day in the bizarre world of retail...Handbags and Shoes are up to 70% off on Tuesday and presale started day before yesterday. Which means we have been swamped. It is an hour wait to check out in those departments, and the Chanel bag boutique is being handled by a security force of 3 managers, letting only a handful of people in at a time.Yesterday someone elbowed another woman in the shoe line. Some crazy bitch wanted a bag another lady had just picked up so she scratched it with her fingernails. Times are crazy. Basically taking all these sales are a loss but it clears out inventory, which I guess saves us from certain peril. Or something. The company has been experiencing some lay-offs, but I guess they're not too bad here, at this branch. Also the company has a huge cash reserve for just such occassions as the world coming to an end economically, so we aren't going out of business anytime soon. That's good. Because our stock price just dipped below $3.00. Yikes! So that was the morning meeting.

My job today is to think up a caper for The Boss and I to perform for the store meeting on Dec. 5. This mostly invloves lunch and coming up with ways to make fun of each other. This year's show involves my "character" getting arrested at the Grove for drunk and disorderly conduct, dressed as an elf. But that I have been let out of the clink long enough to do the show and feature all the new gift items in cosmetics.We are upping the ante by using a powerpoint presentation to show photos of my arrest and subsequent jail time. Should be interesting. The Boss's major concern is who he can convince of the cute straight boys in the men department to do the show with us. Shirtless. Always looking out for #1, that one. I am so lucky my $100,000 theatre education is going to good use.

Speaking of. Went on a couple auditions this week. Non-Union commercials are where bad actors go to die. And I can't even book one. Yet. How hard is it to pretend to be a mom driving a Mercedes and making turns? Harder than you might think. Call backs aren't until Dec 2nd, I still have hope. And I could use the money.

Today, just a quick shout out to MAC. All of their gifts sets are cute, usable and affordable. And it's MAC. They have everycolor in the rainbow and some of the hottest trend colors in the business.

My poor little old Emma is acting weird again. So back to the vet for her. It's an interesting struggle. When I'm at home, I'm encouraged not to worry too much about her, but I come to work and all my friends are like, "OMG take her to the vet!" I hate the bad mom feeling. But I think I do need to chill out on the obsessive worrying.

I went to see "Little Dog Laughed" and I can't recommend it enough. It was such a pleasure to see my "freundenvolves" EH and JG as well. It was nice to see a play that was entertaining all the way through. And the Diane character was made for me.

All right. This has been a waste of a day. The Boss says I'm in no mood to write today, but I haven't sold anthing either. GREEEEEAAAAT.

2 comments:

Crazypants said...

Can I come to the meeting, just to see the evolution of the "drunk - elf-with-shirtless-boys" scenario?
Awesome.

Jean said...

Poor Emma....it's a bitch getting older, even for cats. You're not a bad Mom, she's got it good!!