Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Special Home Edition


circa 2007


circa 1995

Usually my gimmick is that I write this on the register at work, covertly, on the sly. But today's is written from home, mostly because I wanted to include a picture of my cat, Emma, who passed away yesterday. We put her down after she gave me fifteen years of love and, well, the secrets she knew...I can't even say. She went down a fighter. After spending the whole weekend in bed with her, both of us purring, (barring the goodness of my friends to feed me and make me watch "Twilight,") the minute we showed up at the vet she went into full "extremely irritable"-ness, growling and hissing, but unable to really stand on those stupid hips of hers. She made me feel pretty bad, but I would expect nothing less from that bitchy little cat. I think, after sleeping on it, I can say with confidence, I did the right thing. Thank you, Emma, for being my girl, and I really miss you.

Today is an event at work. If we get any business I will be impressed. I also need to finish my xmas shopping...double discount ends tomorrow.

Favorite cosmetic item of the day: Check out the John Varvatos for women scent. Mmm...peachy!

6 comments:

Doot Doo said...

Emma was a real bitch, and I loved her! She always made me mad when she would not allow me to pet her. Props. Rest in peace, Ems.

toothpickmoe said...

Where's me gold?!

RIP

Big Tall Okie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Big Tall Okie said...

Long live the pets of our lives. RIP sweet tender vittle. You're scratching God's couch now.

Anonymous said...

Joining the other world of great kittehs.....Emma, the obnoxious yet always a love, will join Otto (that's MR. Otto to you!), Wanda, and Portia. Being chased by Sadie and GarBear. Where would be without our furballs?
Condolences from MT.........SM

daytown said...

so so so sorry, sweet sister...

RIP...