Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Sat

Sorry about the long interval between entries, it's been a long week. Thanks to all my loyal readers for the thoughts and sympathy regarding Miss Emma. There is a feeling of release coming out of all the stress and guilt, finally. And Otis T. Whitecat is having a hell of a time taking over as king of the house. He's with us constantly. So adorable.

Business is slightly improved and stock prices have gone up. Black Friday was concentrated on bags and shoes, leaving cosmetics with tumbleweeds blowing through. Money is tight, kiddos, if it ain't on sale, it ain't leaving the store. And make-up is not on sale. It is Saturday and I am bored stiff.

Featured product of the day: The Estee Lauder Blockbuster. With any fragrance purchase you can buy this huuuuuuge set of make-up for just $48! 20 eye shadows, 4 blushes, mascara, 4 lipsticks, gloss, all in a fancy case. I loooove it. It's like those sets you got from your grandmother in the '80's and played with until it was just a pile of brown powder. Very retro/childhood-y!

Had a good time finishing the Sanford book, and Miss EM lent me "Three Bags Full," a mystery about a murdered shepherd whose flock is going to solve the crime. As told from the sheep's perspective. Exceptionally cute, but a bit frustrating because these sheep aren't very smart, well, maybe for sheep they are, but the story is moving a little slow.

Just a little spicy gossip: Two cosmetic girls were caught kissing in the parking lot!!!

I am currently obsessed with making turkey soup out of Thanksgiving leftovers!

The show for the all-store meeting on Friday is shaping up to be a good one!! PR and I did a photo shoot around the store yesterday in preparation. Hilarious. There is a picture of a stranger telling me I'm a "bad girl."

God, I really need to get my nails done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and remind me again what the "T" in Otis T. Whitecat stands for??????? Oh yea, now I remember.

Told you Sanford would be a treat. Hard to beat Virgil tracking down the bad guys.

The new Yurman fragrance is beyond description. You need to share that great piece of news with your many readers. Simply the best.

My turkey soup always looked (and tasted, if I remember correctly...you be the judge) like dishwater. Better luck with yours.

from chilly MT,
SM and the naughty Oliver

toothpickmoe said...

I see "coworkers" making out in the parking lot all the time, but I can't tell anybody about it. :(