Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What?

The department gained 4% last month and I was down like $30,000 from last year. Who is getting these sales? Where am I when these clients show up? How come my regulars are MIA? And not the R&B star. I mean, my lack of get up and go probably has something to do with it. And my general ennui, career-wise, could be at fault. But, really?

Well, on the theatre front, things are looking up. Finished up with class #2 of AD's, and now some of the folks from class #1 are talking about forming a little theatre company. It is inspiring to hang out with a bunch of like-minded people for once, and I love the idea that we could start something fresh for ourselves. We'll see how it goes. I've been burned by little theatre companies more than once.

Haven't been reading at all. But I have seen "Twilight" twice. I know, what a good use of my time. But it is delicious fun.

Tonight is the traditional tree lighting ceremony with CD at my house tonight. Cheesy movies, crack Chinese food, wine and ornaments. Should be spectacular.

And Rant:
Don't shop and talk on the phone. It is incredibly rude. Don't sit in a chair at my counter and yak to your god-knows-who about your weekend plans. Don't answer your phone in the middle of a transaction and hold up an index finger to me. It is degrading and makes me feel like giving you bad service. I will not complete your purchase until you are off the phone. I will disdainfully tell you that I'll wait until you finish before continuing, and you waving your hand at me will not speed me up. In fact, you may find I don't move at all and look at you quizzically. If you get irritated, I will pretend not to understand why. I am not your slave. I am a professional and if you treat me like trash you will pay for it. And don't get me started on talking if I'm doing your make-up. I will cut a bitch. Just get off the damn phone. They will wait. You can call them back. And if the world is truly ending and you have to pick it up, take it outside and say excuse me. WHERE WERE YOU BITCHES RAISED?
/rant

Product of the day: Today is a hint, not a product. All mascara is basically the same. Brushes, formulation, finish, fibers, or no, in my opinion it all comes out the same. LancĂ´me, Dior, YSL are all floor favorites, but I wouldn't know the difference in a blind test. Which would be messy if I tried to apply the stuff blind. Or blindfolded. So buy what you like. It doesn't matter.

It's the beginning of the holidays and I can't sell a thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, Jan, you have hit a raw nerve here....customers and cell phones. What makes me crazy is customers that walk into my workplace (a small, specialized retail business), chatting on their cell phone and give me the "hand" as I try to welcome them and ask if I can help. Ask me how I feel about that and how I will go out of my way to see that their needs are met.....

My personal favorite is customers with their "bluetooth", if that is the correct word. Do not start me on that!

Our small, specialized business is putting a sign in the shop, asking for vibrating phones and taking calls outside, out of respect for the other customers. Tee hee....it's really about us trying to have a wee bit of sanity.

I'd love to chat more but my cell phone is ringing.....must go....

Suz from MT

Crazypants said...

Suz from MT,
Could you be any cuter?
Your friend,
Crazypants

toothpickmoe said...

That always drove me insane when I was at TJ's. I would just completely ignore the person. No hello, no did you find everything, no total out loud, no goodbye. My co-workers always thought it was gutsy, but it's not like the folks on the phone had any idea I was ignoring them. They were too busy ignoring me.