Wednesday, February 17, 2010

If everybody is buying it, why do you want to?

My answer: buy the popular stuff so I have it in my arsenal, but wear the weird/new/edgy stuff. Most of time. Except when I want consistent results. Then stick to the popular stuff. Ugh. There is no answer. You know how McDonald's is so successful? You know exactly what you're going to get. It will come in a certain package and have the same taste every time. So, no, it's not a culinary masterpiece, but you can depend on it. These are the McDonald's of blushes. Go find a Glamour magazine that doesn't have one of these guys in it.

Do you own
Orgasm?
Because everyone should. It is the most famous blush EVER and I have no numbers to back that statement up, but it's totally true. You need it because it is the perfect shade of pink/peach and it complements almost every skin tone. I find it doesn't last on me, but nothing does, so I might as well put on some hiking boots and get the hell over it.

My mom hates this blush. The delivery system, the damn puff on the top, is awkward and applies color in bursts that are nearly unblendable. That being said, I think the colors in this line are effing gorgeous. A little bit tranny, but super fancy. And I say unscrew the top and deal with loose pink powder all over your countertop.
YSL Yves Saint Laurent Touche Blush

Fine, I may have issues with Armani Foundation, but the blush is real real nice. I usually put #5 on anyone who stands still long enough. It's like brown and pinky and stuff. And whooo-eeee does it sell.

You gotta have some good skin for
Benefit Cosmetics Benetint.
But man, for people looking for that natural flush look, this is THE item. It still makes me a little prone to screaming, "Grow UP, lady!" to people wearing it, but I will try not to. Anymore. I mean, it was just that once.

Really? You can't be more creative than
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush Orchid Rose?
What a snooze. Sure, you have been wearing it for 9 years, since you got it when you got your make-up done for prom, but that doesn't mean it isn't time for a change. OK, fine. It's pretty. And goes on well. And the girl at the Chanel counter says, "Don't fix it if it ain't broke," every time you buy it. But just stop already, will you?



No comments: