Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Better Living Through Chemistry?

Theoretically, I am mildly depressed, or find myself "a little down" more often than not. My thoughts generally take a simple slight and make it into a huge slam on me as a person. Or, for example, someone doesn't take my advice on a lipstick color and within five minutes or so, I question what the hell I am doing with MY ENTIRE LIFE. I need to lighten up. Or stop navel-gazing. I alternately think my therapist thinks I'm in big trouble and thinks I'm just looking to get attention. I can't tell.

But today I couldn't take Miss Krazy any longer and popped half a Xanax I've had lying around since the Clinton administration (or I stole it from MKBB during a trip to Bev Center) and I feel like $1,000,000.

But isn't that supposed to make me more depressed? Am I actually having anxiety? Why didn't I get a medical degree so I could treat myself? Why can't I have full understanding of the human brain? And existence? See? I take things a little far.

Anyway!!!!! Today, in a shout out to my main gay, JH, of NYC, I love Shu Uemura lipstick. Sheer, but full color, shiny but not glossy, shimmery but not frosted. And it doesn't smell like....well....anything.

Also, this blog is dedicated to JJ and her Lunesta.

3 comments:

toothpickmoe said...

Better living through chemistry, right?

You know the way my brain works on all that...

Anonymous said...

I'd like to second that shout out to JH of NYC. He is simply the best. And handsome, and charming....stop me now!
Suz from MT

-j-j- said...

My Lunesta and I thank you, Jan. You look fly in those pictures...

This was written on Lunesta, don't you know? I just couldn't stay off the junk.
Next time it will be different, baby.