Thursday, January 1, 2009

1/1

Well, it's a new year. And with it comes a renewed sense of well, something. Besides all of the weight I will lose, the novel I will write, and the full-time acting gig I will attain, I also hope to be a little happier, a little less stressful, and generally a little more adventurous.

The economy is still in the toilet, but I have found recently, that the more I ignore the news, the more money I make. The Boss says to hold on 'til the spring as Cosmetics is being restructured. Instead of straight 9% commission we'll be hourly plus 3%. Will we be assigned to a particular vendor? Will everyone be on the same pay rate, or will there still be artists on just hourly? Will I make less money? So many questions...

I basically need to do everything in my power to get a new source of income. I need to think outside the box. Can I find a way to bring home the bacon without working 9 to 5? What are transitional ways to work less for more money? Can I find a job that is more challenging and more fulfilling, or are all jobs just a means to an end and populated with idiots? Let's hope not.

I wish everyday was New Year's, overflowing with energy and promise. Let's see how long I can keep up this frame of mind. Here's to resolutions!! Viva la resolutiones!

PS Chanel Waterproof Eyeliner. I like the charcoal color. It stays on for days.

4 comments:

toothpickmoe said...

Mmm...bacon.

Wait, what?

Anonymous said...

Let's see...let's see...work less, earn more...hmmmm...get rich quick schemes...hmmmm...ok, I've got it! Play the lotto everyday, but...BUT, you have to somehow miraculously turn into an 85 year old woman or an immigrant (and 75 years old). There. Done. I knew I could help.
Oh, and if you DO win, can I borrow $100?

Big Tall Okie said...

That was me up above there, by the way.

Anonymous said...

So good to have you back! Missed you.
"Restructuring" and we all know how painful that can be (thank you, Dave Letterman). Finding the job with more pay and less hours is still on the top of your Dad's "to do" list. Meanwhile, of course, I slave away in the fiber industry. Franklin is in town tomorrow and Saturday and all knitters are atwitter.
Eyeliner???? What's that again??
Big Sky Country Reporter